If you haven’t registered yet, there’s still time: Register Here!
Our Grand Depart is July 1st and registration will close just before so sign up now. We’re continuing our online engagement from last year and leveraging the website, allowing us to eliminate emails in favor of daily (or almost daily) blog posts.
Tour information can be found on our website –> www.letourdecouchpotato.com. Be sure to follow our blog (link in the lower right corner) and/or via Facebook, so you’ll see the tour updates. That means No more emails after June 30!
Spread the word! Share with others who may be joining us for the first time as we love to see the tour grow. Just be sure they can follow the rules below.
Reporting Miles. Mileage tracking will all be done through the website – and is based on your registration email address. Be sure when you register, you remember the email address you registered with… if it’s different from what you use to track mileage, you won’t get credit.
2022 Dates to remember:
- Ride dates: July 1st – July 24th
- Registration will close at 12:01 AM, July 1st – as the ride begins. We aren’t capping the number of riders, but we will close registration once the ride begins.
The “Rules” are posted here with details below:
- From July 1st – July 24th, you must ride at least 100 miles (no bonus for riding extra – just bragging rights!). Finishers get a “fancy” refrigerator magnet to show all your friends (preview this year’s magnet at the top of this blogpost)
- Any miles ridden on a bike, and that can be tracked with an odometer, count toward your 100. If you attend a spin class and “guess” how far you went, that doesn’t count! The bike can be a mountain bike, street bike, recumbent bike, stationary bike…just track the miles.
- Your bike must be entirely human powered…no electric bikes.
- Mile’s running/walking don’t count…
- Post your online mileage daily – or close to – so you’ll be included in the daily update. If you opt to email your mileage, it won’t be on the update! That’s your fault for not following directions 🙂 NOTE: The daily update takes a while to compile so if you posted your mileage in the evening, it may not get included until the next day.
- Submit MILES please. Yep – we have lots of international riders and hope to gain more. I, however, learned the conversion of the metric system in junior high which was way too many years ago to count. Help a potato out here, please!
- Updates come out almost daily – sometimes I get busy with work (or just lazy) and don’t get them out. The updates will be posted to Facebook as well
- All riders get a potato name and I reserve the right to change your name on a whim. I also reserve the right to harass anyone I want to – hope you have thick potato skin
- We’re here to have fun and this is a once a year event, make the most of it – have fun with us
One thought on “Mid-June Reminder: there’s still time to sign up!”
Love when couch potato comes around!
LikeLiked by 1 person